Job Interviews

Today I had two job interviews. The first one, I was supposed to meet with the department head, but he wasn’t available. A store owner had come in to talk about a deal, and he couldn’t tell the guy to wait until the human resources manager was done, so I get to go back later. Yippee. lol.

The second one went okay. The lady I interviewed with had the dead fish handshake. I hate shaking hands with people like that. She seemed nice, though, and she said she really liked me and that I was highly qualified for the job. The only problem is the pay. I want $11 an hour and their pay is $9. She said she was going to talk to the owner about raising the pay for me because she really wants me and she said I’m qualified enough to warrant a higher pay. Yay!

Oh, and Kadie is at Dan’s house! Yay yay yay! lol. I have a peaceful afternoon and not much to do. I did all the laundry on Saturday, so that is done. I vacuumed the floors on Friday, so I don’t need to do that. The kitchen gets cleaned every day when I’m done cooking. lol. One of the bathrooms has already been cleaned, so I guess I could clean the other one. I don’t really want to, though. I want to take a nap. I’m not going to take a nap because I’m trying to get my body to go to sleep at night. Ever since right before Caleb got home from deployment I haven’t been able to sleep. It’s slowly getting worse. I know part of it is that when we were in Virginia I wasn’t working so I’d stay up all night working on projects and then sleep while Caleb was at work. I really got used to doing that (i’m an all-nighter person anyways), so it’s been hard to break that habit. I’ve been forcing myself to get up at 9:00am most days, but sometimes I can’t fall asleep until 2-3am, so I let myself sleep until 10:00am sometimes. I’m working on it, though. We’ve got a bunch of herbal teas, so I’ve started drinking those before bed and they help. I tried taking Melatonin for a while, but it made me feel like my head was falling off, so I quite taking it. It literally made me feel like my head was so heavy that it was going to disattach itself from my head because my body couldn’t support it. And I’d get so dizzy and lightheaded (well, more than i already did). So, yeah, I decided not to take that anymore. Caleb takes it a few times a week and doesn’t feel like that, so it must just be something about me. I’m so strange. lol.

Anyways, yeah, things are still going well.

Oh, Caleb said I needed to post this on here. I started physical therapy last week for my scoliosis. The day of my first appointment, I had a job interview as well, so I had to run home and change into more relaxed clothing for my physical therapy. Halfway through my evaluation, I had to change into a hospital gown so the doctor could see how bad my scoliosis was as well with the ribs that stick out and whatnot on my back. When I was changing, I realized I’d been in such a rush that instead of changing out of my interview shirt and putting my t-shirt on, I just put the t-shirt over my interview shirt. lol. That was my blonde moment for that day. Well, one of them. lol.