Made it to Singapore!


Yay! We made it to Singapore! We can go through the small security section into our terminal in about ten minutes and then our flight leaves about an hour after that. We should be boarding in about 45 minutes. I’m kinda excited. Flying business class from LA to Singapore was really nice. Troy said Cathay Airlines is a lot nicer, so I’m hoping we get to fly Cathay next time. I took a bunch of pictures of the seats, the bathroom (haha) and the food, but I’ll have to post them later. The flight from Singapore to KL is about 55 minutes and Troy said the trip from the airport to the hotel is about 40 minutes. Add in the 20-30 minutes it will take to get our bags and we should be to the hotel in about 3-4 hours. Troy keeps going back and forth about taking the train from the airport to the hotel (the stop is right across the street from the hotel) or getting a cab. He doesn’t really want to have to drag all six suitcases and the four carry ons to the train and then across the street to the hotel. But he also doesn’t want to have to pay a ton of money to get a taxi to take us that far. So, we will see what happens. I have no ringgit (Malaysian money) nor will I be able to help a lot with moving the suitcases, so the decision is his. I’m all for the taxi idea, but if he wants to drag the suitcases around because it’s cheaper, I will do my best to help him.

I got an email from the pet mover guy and he said Sadie is doing fine and on her way to Amsterdam. Yeah, they are shipping her through Amsterdam and then on to Kuala Lumpur. Poor kitty. She will arrive here tomorrow afternoon, so I get to make a foray back to the airport by myself to go get her and take her to the quarantine place. Strangely enough, I’m not all that nervous. I thought I’d be scared to transverse Kuala Lumpur by myself, but I don’t feel scared at all. I think I will be okay. I will just take the same route we are taking to the hotel from the airport today (maybe) in reverse tomorrow. Shouldn’t be too hard. Just in case, though, I’m going to write down the stops so I will have it in case I forget. Troy said there is an all-women section on the train, so I will probably just ride in there. All the airport people we’ve seen so far have been super friendly, so I’m sure I will be able to get around the airport and find Sadie just fine tomorrow. Just in case, though, I’m going to arrive about 45-60 minutes early so that I can find my way around and get to where I need to be. I’m taking a book anyways, since the train ride is 40 minutes, so I’ll just read some more when I get there.

Oh, they’re opening the security area for our terminal, so I gotta go! This is so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!