Man, it’s been a crazy few weeks. Always seems to happen, though, right? Life gets crazy for a while, calms down for a day, gets crazy for a while. I guess that’s what makes it so fun.
It’s actually been a month since my last summary, so I’ll just summarize my month.
February was pretty good. I had several tests, none of which I did fabulous on, but I didn’t fail any. I did better on my second math test than I did on my first one, which is always a bonus. Even with my lame teacher and his desire to not teach anything, I’m still determined to learn this stuff. It takes me longer than it would if I had a real teacher, but oh well. We’re stuck with the hands we’re dealt sometimes.
Aside from tests, I did have other fun times. One of Troy’s friends had a baby shower which was pretty fun. Troy and I went to the coast for Valentine’s Day and had a really wonderful time. We played pool at a little pizzeria and then hiked the coast for a few hours. Best Valentine’s ever! I really loved it.
On the fitness front, I’ve been staying fairly consistent with my workouts. Not the heavy ones that I was doing between semesters, but I’ve been getting at least an hour of good cardio in every day and doing weights 2-3 times a week. I go to the gym with Rebekah 3-4 times a week and then I’ve been going on walks with Annalise in preparation to start running soon. I’m not a runner, so we’ve just been taking it slow. The Color Run is coming here sometime this summer and I really want to do it, so we alternate between walking and jogging. There’s a decent hill behind my house and my goal is to be jogging that by the end of the semester. Perhaps that’s a lazy goal to seasoned runners, but oh well. I may not get there soon, but I’ll get there eventually!
Other than that, life has been good. We fed the missionaries two weeks ago and had a good time with them. Troy was out of town for three days for a conference, but he’s home now. I’ve been spending time with my friends, Annalise and Rebekah. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know those two and spend time with them. They’re good people and I like having them as friends.
How I did on my last goals
- Focus on learning my math and not that my teacher isn’t teaching me – I actually did pretty good with this one. I’ve been putting my energy into finding other places to learn my math instead of stewing over the teacher not teaching me. I’ve been a lot less stressed about the class.
- Eat at least one healthy thing a day – I think I did about 90% well on this one. I bought a pack of V8 from Costco and have been drinking 1-2 of those a day most days. I figure if I’m not going to eat my veggies during the day, I’d better find something that makes my lazy self not have an excuse. And it’s working!
- Write at least two posts, try for three – Total fail chicken. I only got in four posts last month, so I need to do better on this.
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – I did really good with this! Some days I was only at 9,000ish, but most days I was closer to 12-13,000. One day I even got up to 25,000! Woohoo!
- Clean the bathrooms – haha. I did this one twice last month! lol.
This Week’s Goals
- Study for ENVS test
- Walk 12,000 steps per day
- Write two more blogs
- Finish Divergent
- Make cookies for someone at church